Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…
Forward March by Skye Quinlan
Published on February 1, 2022 by Page Street Kids
Genres: Contemporary, Queer, Aspec, Romance, YA
Add to Goodreads
Author Links: Website, Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, TikTok
What’s worse? Someone using your face for catfishing or realizing you actually do have a crush on the catfished girl?
Harper “Band Geek” McKinley just wants to make it through her senior year of marching band—and her Republican father’s presidential campaign. That was a tall order to start, but everything was going well enough until someone made a fake gay dating profile posing as Harper. The real Harper can’t afford for anyone to find out about the Tinder profile for three very important reasons:
1. Her mom is the school dean and dating profiles for students are strictly forbidden.
2. Harper doesn't even know if she likes anyone like that—let alone if she likes other girls.
3. If this secret gets out, her father could lose the election, one she's not sure she even wants him to win.
But upon meeting Margot Blanchard, the drumline leader who swiped right, Harper thinks it might be worth the trouble to let Margot get to know the real her.
With her dad’s campaign on the line, Harper’s relationship with her family at stake, and no idea who made that fake dating profile, Harper has to decide what’s more important to her: living her truth or becoming the First Daughter of America.
- give me ALL THE MARCHING BAND BOOKS please!!!!
- ace ACE BABY!!!!
- Catfishing + Ace + Marching Band= made for Kait????
- also hello have you SEEN this BEAUTIFUL cover?!?!?!
- Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills
- Full Flight by Ashley Schumacher
- Band Geek Love by Josie Bloss
- Why Do You Write Like You’re Running Out of Time by Chash on Ao3
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!