Happy Readathon Day!
I don’t know about you, but I look forward to Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathons as much as (or more than) I look forward to other holidays now. I am going to try and stay up for all 24 hours this time, but I’ve never made it before and my expectations aren’t too high. I’m a person who really enjoys (and needs) her sleep, so we’ll see how I’m feeling as the night/morning goes on. I also always plan time to do the mini-challenges (see below!) and try to take a walk or go outside for some fresh air and human interaction for a little bit. But! Since you’re here for the updates and challenge entries, I’ll stop writing my intro now and let you see what you came here for!
As of 1:23 pm on Friday afternoon, I have nine books on my Readathon TBR shelf. It’s made up of 3 full length novels (Slayer by Kiersten White, and The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King by Holly Black) and 6 graphic novels (the first 4 Babysitter’s Club Graphic Novels, as well as Aquicorn Cove and The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill). Plus, I’m currently (re)reading/listening to Furyborn by Claire Legrand as I get ready to read Kingsbane! And I mayyyy have bought myself the ebook/audiobook of Wicked Saints yesterday because it was seriously SO GOOD that I needed the finished copy immediately; I see a reread of this very soon in my future. Oh! And I have all 9 Ms. Marvel graphic novels to read! I almost forgot about those. So basically I have way more than enough books to read!
Book One: Kristy’s Great Idea Graphic Novel by Ann M. Martin and Reina Telgemeier
Book Two: Slayer by Kiersten White (well, it’s more than halfway read as of 1:04 Sunday Morning.)
Update One: 10:28 am
- Oops. Guess who overslept again? Me. I’m going to start reading in just a minute, and see how late I can stay up tonight!
Update Two: 10:57 am
- I had planned on starting with a graphic novel, since those are quicker reads, but then I remembered just how much I really want to read Slayer, so I started with that instead!
Update Three: 5:49 pm
- Still reading Slayer. I’m listening to the audiobook narration as I’m reading it, which is definitely a new experience for me! Even when I listen to audiobooks, I usually listen to them separately. I’m really enjoying the way the story is being told in both forms simultaneously. I just came back from a walk I took with my mom. We walked about a mile, and I won a Pokemon raid! Today I’m really focusing on enjoying reading and planning on staying up late rather than feeling rushed and like I missed out on the morning (which I did).
Update Four: 10:31 pm
- About halfway done with Slayer. I think I’m going to take a break soon and read a graphic novel or two so I can feel like I finished books today. Plus I’ll try and do some mini-challenges now that I’ve had dinner (at 10pm).
Update Five: 1:06 am
- I finished Kristy’s Great Idea (graphic novel) and I’m a little more than halfway done with Slayer. I’m going to try and read another BSC graphic novel before I fall asleep, but… who knows if that’s going to happen.
Update Six: 1:42 am
- Time for bed. I’m too sleepy to keep reading. I’ll continue Slayer when I wake up, then switch back to Furyborn.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Slayer! Which is why I’m reading it first, lol.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I’m not sure… I didn’t really plan out food for today, so that should be interesting later.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
It’s almost my birthday! Last year the readathon was actually on my birthday.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
So last readathon I slept through all my alarms and woke up 3 hours late. And today I only woke up an hour late, so… that’s different. Plus I’m switching up my formats for today’s reading. I’ve got ebooks, physical books, and audiobooks. I’m ready for today!
Literary “Clue”: This one is super fun! I’m going with some recent reads here, so it’s accidentally super dark. Oops. I regret to inform you that it was Jude Duarte, in the Watcher’s Castle, with Malachiasz’s spell book. (also, for anyone who got all of the references, can we just be glad that this doesn’t actually happen? Because it would be terrifying.)
Reading Stats: I haven’t been doing very well with my reading goals so far in 2019. So far I’ve read 9 books and am currently reading 2 more. Hopefully by the end of this week I’ll be closer to 20 than to 10. I haven’t really sorted them out further than this so far, sorry!
Vague Recollections: This one’s mine! You can find the post and all the information for it here!
1. What are you reading right now?
Still reading Slayer, but I’m going to start Kristy’s Great Idea in just a few minutes!
2. How many books have you read so far?
Half of one? Oops.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Not sure I’m going to get to it this weekend, but it’s on my TBR so I’m counting it. I’m most looking forward to The Wicked King by Holly Black!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Oh, so many. Most of them were caused by me! I’ve taken a break to take a walk with my mom, eat dinner, watch this week’s Jane the Virgin, play games on my phone, update this post, schedule book reviews, and approve and respond to comments on my mini-challenge. So, I guess they were all caused by me, lol.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much I’m loving the audiobook narration with my book! Plus, I know that once I’ve finished the audio/ebook version, there’s a bonus chapter in my B&N Exclusive hardcover! <3
And that’s it! I’ll keep updating this post until I go to sleep, so stay tuned for more info!