Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…
Rise to the Sun by Leah Johnson
Published on July 6, 2021 by Scholastic Press
Genres: Contemporary, YA, Queer
Add to Goodreads
A stunning novel about being brave enough to be true to yourself, and learning to find joy even when times are unimaginably dark.
Three days. Two girls. One life-changing music festival.
Toni is grieving the loss of her roadie father and needing to figure out where her life will go from here -- and she's desperate to get back to loving music. Olivia is a hopeless romantic whose heart has just taken a beating (again) and is beginning to feel like she'll always be a square peg in a round hole -- but the Farmland Music and Arts Festival is a chance to find a place where she fits.
The two collide and it feels like something like kismet when a bond begins to form. But when something goes wrong and the festival is sent into a panic, Olivia and Toni will find that they need each other (and music) more than they ever imagined.
- I LOVED You Should See Me in a Crown SO MUCH, and I’m SO EXCITED to read a new Leah Johnson book!!!
- two girls falling in love at a music festival? siGN ME UP!!!
- idk I don’t really have any other reasons beyond the summary and the author???
- You Should See Me In a Crown by Leah Johnson
- The Brightsiders by Jenn Wilde
- This is for Tonight by Jessica Patrick
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!