Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…
The One True Me and You by Remi K. England
Published on March 1, 2022 by Wednesday Books
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, YA, Queer
Add to Goodreads
Author Links: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Instagram, Tumblr, TikTok
One small fandom convention. One teen beauty pageant. One meet cute waiting to happen.
Up and coming fanfic author Kaylee Beaumont is internally screaming at the chance to finally meet her fandom friends in real life and spend a weekend at GreatCon. She also has a side quest for the weekend:
• Try out they/them pronouns to see how it feels
• Wear more masculine-presenting cosplay
• Kiss a girl for the first time
It’s… a lot, and Kay mostly wants to lie face down on the hotel floor. Especially when her hometown bully, Miss North Carolina, shows up in the very same hotel. But there’s this con-sponsored publishing contest, and the chance to meet her fandom idols… and then, there’s Teagan.
Pageant queen Teagan Miller (Miss Virginia) has her eye on the much-needed prize: the $25,000 scholarship awarded to the winner of the Miss Cosmic Teen USA pageant. She also has secrets:
• She loves the dresses but hates the tiaras
• She’s a giant nerd for everything GreatCon
• She’s gay af
If Teagan can just keep herself wrapped up tight for one more weekend, she can claim the scholarship and go off to college out and proud. If she’s caught, she could lose everything she’s worked for. If her rival, Miss North Carolina, has anything to do with it, that’s exactly how it’ll go down.
When Teagan and Kay bump into one another the first night, sparks fly. Their connection is intense—as is their shared enemy. If they’re spotted, the safe space of the con will be shattered, and all their secrets will follow them home. The risks are great… but could the reward of embracing their true selves be worth it?
- have you seen me gush over how much I LOVE The Disasters and Spellhacker? because I seriously LOVE The Disasters and Spellhacker, and a new MK England book makes me !!!!!!!
- “one small fandom convention. one teen beauty pageant. one meet cute waiting to happen.” is my SIREN SONG like yES HELLO I WANT THIS BOOK NOW PLEASE
- I feel like I should be reading this on Ao3? but also I’m so excited that I’m going to be able to hold it in my hands eventually!!!!
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- Lucky Girl by Jamie Pacton
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!