Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…
Speak for Yourself by Lana Wood Johnson
Published by Scholastic Press on June 1, 2021
Genres: YA, Contemporary, Romance, Retellings, LGBTQIA+, Aspec
Girl meets boy. Girl likes boy.Girl gets friend to help win boy.Friend ends up with crush on boy...
Skylar's got ambitious #goals. And if she wants them to come true, she has to get to work now. (At least she thinks so...) Step one in her epic plan is showing everyone that her latest app is brilliant. To do that, she's going to use it win State at the Scholastic Exposition, the nerdiest academic competition around.
First, she'll need a team, and Skylar's not always so good with people. But she'll do whatever it takes to put one together ... even if it means playing Cupid for her teammates Joey and Zane, at Joey's request. When things get off to an awkward start for them, Skylar finds herself stepping in to help Joey. Anything to keep her on the team. Only, Skylar seems to be making everything more complicated. Especially when she realizes she might be falling for Zane, which was not a #goal. Can Skylar figure out her feelings, prove her app's potential to the world, and win State without losing her friends--or is her path to greatness over before it begins?
- main character Skylar is a chronically ill, nerdy, fat, ace girl… uh….
- HELLO HAVE YOU SEEN THAT COVER IT IS BEE YOU TEE FULL!!!!!
- I loved TECHNICALLY, YOU STARTED IT so freaking much!!!! I read it all in one sitting and the text message style reminded me of the books I read in high school. (who else read ttyl, ttfn, l8r g8r, etc.????)
- Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein
- Lycanthropy and Other Chronic Illnesses by Kristen O’Neal
- We Are the Perfect Girl by Ariel Kaplan
- Virtually Yours by Sarvenaz Tash
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!