Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…You, Me, and Our Heartstrings by Melissa See
Published on July 19, 2022 by Scholastic Press
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, YA
Add to Goodreads
Author Links: Website, Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, TikTok
Daisy and Noah have the same plan: use the holiday concert to land a Julliard audition. But when they're chosen to play a duet for the concert, they worry that their differences will sink their chances.
Noah, a cello prodigy from a long line of musicians, wants to stick to tradition. Daisy, a fiercely independent disabled violinist, is used to fighting for what she wants and likes to take risks. But the two surprise each other when they play. They fall perfectly in tune.
After their performance goes viral, the rest of the country falls for them just as surely as they're falling for each other. But viral fame isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. No one seems to care about their talent or their music at all. People have rewritten their love story into one where Daisy is an inspiration for overcoming her cerebral palsy and Noah is a saint for seeing past it.
Daisy is tired of her disability being the only thing people see about her, and all of the attention sends Noah’s anxiety disorder into high speed. They can see their dream coming closer than it’s ever been before. But is the cost suddenly too high?
- MUSICIAN RIVALS TO LOVERS HELLO YES I AM HERE FOR THIS!!!!
- #ownvoices DISABILITY REP omg yes pLEASE!!!!!!
- side note: I excited gasped when I saw Daisy’s feet on the cover because omigod that’s what my feet do!!!!
- yes hello have you seen this GORGEOUS cover?!?!!?
- Follow Your Arrow by Jessica Verdi
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens edited by Marieke Nijkamp
- All the Right Reasons by Bethany Mangle
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!