Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…Home Field Advantage by Dahlia Adler
Published on June 7, 2022 by Wednesday Books
Genres: Contemporary, Queer, Romance, YA
Add to Goodreads
Author Links: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Instagram, TikTok
In this sweet and funny new f/f romance from the author of Cool for the Summer, a cheerleader and the school's newest quarterback are playing to win, but might lose their hearts in the process.
Amber McCloud’s dream is to become cheer captain at the end of the year, but it’s an extra-tall order to be joyful and spirited when the quarterback of your team has been killed in a car accident. For both the team and the squad, watching Robbie get replaced by newcomer Jack Walsh is brutal. And when it turns out Jack is actually short for Jaclyn, all hell breaks loose.
The players refuse to be led by a girl, the cheerleaders are mad about the changes to their traditions, and the fact that Robbie’s been not only replaced but outshined by a QB who wears a sports bra has more than a few Atherton Alligators in a rage. Amber tries for some semblance of unity, but it quickly becomes clear that she's only got a future on the squad and with her friends if she helps them take Jack down.
Just one problem: Amber and Jack are falling for each other, and if Amber can't stand up for Jack and figure out how to get everyone to fall in line, her dream may come at the cost of her heart.
- listen, I do not like sports. like, at. all. but this book? this sports book about a football player? and a cheerleader? I. CANNOT. WAIT. to read this book. because it’s SAPPHIC AF!!! (do people still say AF? i do not know.)
- I just finished listening to I Kissed Shara Wheeler, and HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE is giving me MAJOR Shara vibes!!!
- last year (right around this time, actually….) I listened to Dahlia Adler’s Cool for the Summer and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!
- (side note: it was also the first audiobook narrated by Natalie Naudus that I listened to, and now I get SO EXCITED when I see her name because I LOVE HER VOICE!!! side note 2: and her tiktok is my FAVORITE thing!!!)
- HELLO YES HAVE YOU SEEN THAT GORGEOUS COVER?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen
- Love Somebody by Rachel Roasek
- Melt With You by Jennifer Dugan
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!