Can you believe it’s almost 2020?!?
2019 was certainly… a year. The world may be a mess, but Kait Plus Books is thriving! I’ve updated my blog aesthetic at least three times since last year (although I really love the one I have right now, so I won’t change it for a while! (probably)), participated in dozens of blog tours, read books by favorite authors both new and old, and been sent review copies of highly anticipated books! I’ve even *gasp* made bookish friends! And I know that 2020 is going to be even better! (Definitely for Kait Plus Books, and hopefully for the world!) These are some of the ways I’m going to accomplish that:
- Goodreads Challenge: My 2019 goal shifted around for varying reasons throughout the year. I had originally set it for 104, but that proved to be too daunting and the number I ended up with was 52. As of December 28, I have read 88 books and completed 169% of my challenge! For 2020, I’m going to set it for 52 books from the start and then try my best to beat it (again)!
- Beat the Backlist Challenge: Hosted at NovelKnight, this challenge is to get people to read books published in 2019 and earlier. And I definitely need to do that! I have so many books to catch up on that I thought I would be able to read and just never did, plus a lot of the books where I was waiting for the entire series to be published before I started are complete now. I had a lot of fun with this challenge in 2019 (Team Ravenclaw!), and I’m looking forward to participating again in 2020 (Team Re-Readers!). I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to read yet or how many books I’ll have for this challenge, but I do have a tentative tbr shelf going on Goodreads! Let me know if you have a favorite book (published 2019 or earlier) that you think I should read!
- #StartOnYourShelfAThon: This challenge is taking place over at The Quiet Pond, and “the concept is simple: From December 13th 2019 to December 31st 2020, participants of the StartOnYourShelfathon will read books that they already own (whether it’s a physical or electronic bookshelf)!” Doesn’t that sound fun? And it fits in so nicely with several of my other challenges I’m hoping to complete in 2020!
- Year of Epic Reads 2020: So I was really really excited about Epic Read’s 2019 Year of Epic Reads, and then… I didn’t participate at all. I’m still in the facebook group though, and I thought I read in the last week or two that there will be a new challenge in 2020… hopefully. And this time I’ll try my best to actually participate!
- Read It Again, Sam: This reading challenge is all about rereading books! It’s hosted by MyReadersBlock and this is my first year participating! I have signed up for the Déjà Vu level, which means I’ve committed to rereading at least four books!
- Finishing the Series: The goal for this one is to finish the series you’ve already started, and it’s hosted by CelebrityReaders! I don’t really have much more to say about it yet, but hopefully I’ll be completing several series I’ve started in 2020!
Monthly Keyword Challenge:
HOW IT WORKS
- This is a monthly challenge that runs all year long from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- Six “key words” are given for each month. Your task is to read 1 book that includes one or more of the key words in the title.
- The title you choose can be a variation on one of the key words. For example- your title could include the word ‘snowing’ or ‘snowflake’ even though the key word is ‘snow.’
- Key words can be tweaked. For example- You could read “Cinder” or “Ashes” for the key word ‘Fire’. If the key word is ‘family’ then your title could include the word ‘sister’ or ‘mother.’ If the key word is ‘food’ then your title could include the word ‘cake.’ Use your best judgement and have fun with it!
- Please link back to Girlxoxo, Tanya, or Kim any time you post about the challenge on your blog so that we can follow along with your progress!!
- If you post what you’ve read to social media please use the hashtag #MonthlyKeyWordGXO .
- New This Year: A check in post will be published at the end of each month where you can see what we read for the challenge and comment with the book you chose and a link to your review.
- Library Love Challenge: The goal for this one is to read at least 12 books from the library. You’d think this one would be easy for me since I work at a library, but most of my library borrowing will probably be digital anyway! This challenge is hosted by AngelsGuiltyPleasures and this is my first year participating!
- Weekly Bookish Memes: Top Ten Tuesday and Can’t Wait Wednesday are some of my favorite posts to create, so I’m going to try and post those every week!
That’s all for now. Are there any challenges you’re participating in for 2020? Any you think I should take a look at? Let me know in the comments!