2018 is finally over!!!
Okay, fine, it’s still 2018 for a few more days. But it’ll be over before you know it, and then everything can start new. Except this blog. I’ve spent the past four months writing reviews, creating color palettes, coming up with (and sticking to!) a schedule, and I’m not letting all that hard work go to waste! I’m going to build on what I did in 2018 to make 2019 an even better year for Kait Plus Books! These are some of the ways I’m going to accomplish that:
- Goodreads Challenge: My 2018 goal was 60 books, but I beat that and ended up reading 68 books! For 2019 my goal is 104 books, which means I’ll be reading (at least) two books a week!
- Beat the Backlist Challenge: Hosted at NovelKnight, this challenge is to get people to read books published in 2018 and earlier. And I definitely need to do that! I have so many books to catch up on that I thought I would be able to read and just never did, plus a lot of the books where I was waiting for the entire series to be published before I started are complete now. Honestly, I don’t think I’m going to have time between January and July for this challenge, but I hope to complete it in the second half of the year! My goal for this will be 20 books, but I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to read yet. Let me know if you have a favorite book (published 2018 or earlier) that you think I should read!
- Book Reviews: I’m going to try and post AT LEAST one review every week! Some weeks there will be two, and (hopefully very) rarely there will be three or more reviews. I’m thinking about putting a linky on my Saturday Link Up posts because I want to be accountable for that somewhere.
- Discussion Posts: The goal for this one is to post at least one discussion post per month, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep up with that. I don’t really know what to talk about in these, so if you have any ideas, please let me know!
- Weekly Bookish Memes: Top Ten Tuesday and Can’t Wait Wednesday are some of my favorite posts to create, so I’m going to try and post those every week!
- Monthly Bookish Memes: This is where I’m putting my Monthly #TBR posts, my Wrap Ups, and Television Talk. Each month there should be one of each of these.
That’s all for now. Are there any challenges you’re participating in for 2019? Any you think I should take a look at? Let me know in the comments!