Happy Wednesday! Originally created by Jill at Breaking The Spine, Waiting on Wednesday was adapted to Can’t Wait Wednesday by Tressa at Wishful Endings. It is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating!
This week’s Can’t Wait Wednesday book is…
This Golden State by Marit Weisenberg
Published on March 1, 2022 by Flatiron Books
Genres: Contemporary, Mystery, Thriller, YA
Add to Goodreads
Author Links: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Instagram
The Winslow family lives by five principles:
1. No one can know your real name.
2. Don’t stay in one place too long.
3. If you sense anything is wrong, go immediately to the meeting spot.
4. Keeping our family together is everything.
5. We wish we could tell you who we are, but we can’t. Please—do not ask.
Poppy doesn’t know why her family has been running her whole life, but she does know that there are dire consequences if they’re ever caught. Still, her curiosity grows each year, as does her desire for real friends and the chance to build on something, instead of leaving behind school projects, teams, and crushes at a moment’s notice.
When a move to California exposes a crack in her parents’ airtight planning, Poppy realizes how fragile her world is. Determined to find out the truth, she mails in a home DNA test. Just as she starts to settle into her new life and even begins opening up to a boy in her math class, the forgotten test results bring her crashing back to reality.
Unraveling the shocking truth of her parents’ real identities, Poppy realizes that the DNA test has undone decades of careful work to keep her family anonymous—and the past is dangerously close to catching up to them. Determined to protect her family but desperate for more, Poppy must ask: How much of herself does she owe her family? And is it a betrayal to find her own place in the world?
- everything about this plot sounds AH-MAY-ZING!!!
- listen I know it’s a small, silly detail, but I really love the name Poppy and I’m excited to read a book where that’s the main character’s name!!
- the description sounds like it would make a really great fall movie!!!
- also hello have you SEEN this BEAUTIFUL cover?!?!?!
- Past Perfect Life by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Catfishing on CatNet by Naomi Kritzer
- A Shot at Normal by Marisa Reichardt
I AM SO EXCITED for this book! What upcoming books are you excited to read? Let me know in the comments and have a splendiferous week!